13 tips to prevent snakebite infection from your piercing
A vertical labret piercing, which is often called a snakebite piercing, involves two horizontal piercings on opposite sides of the mouth, making it look like a snakebite.
Among all types of piercings, lip piercing has become extremely popular and fashionable today.
However, it is extremely important to keep your lips clean with a snakebite piercing, as it helps prevent infection in the pierced area.
To keep your lip piercing clean, here are thirteen terrific tips that can help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
1. Be sure to wash your hands to remove any contamination before touching the piercing site. If someone else touches you, make sure they wash their hands before touching your piercing.
2. If there is any inflammation after the piercing, be sure to take medically advised ibuprofen to keep swelling and tenderness at bay and reduce pain in the affected area.
3. Consult your piercer and take vitamin B along with zinc supplements before piercing procedure and after piercing to enhance your healing.
4. Clean the pierced area with a mild, non-scented antibacterial soap and warm water and rinse with a cotton ball.
5. Gently remove any buildup of scab that may have formed around the pierced area with warm water at least twice a day.
6. Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristle toothbrush and medicated toothpaste that contains low fluoride content. Floss after brushing your teeth, which helps eliminate bacteria growth inside the oral cavity.
7. Rinse your mouth with salt water to speed up the healing process for snakebite piercings.
8. Rotate your piercing jewelry at least twice a day so that it does not get stuck and make it land with inadequate healing of the pierced area.
9. It is best to avoid drinking, eating or smoking within the first few hours after the piercing.
10. Disinfect your mouth after eating, smoking, or drinking with a medicated oral disinfectant.
11. Completely avoid any type of oral sex until the wound has fully healed.
12. Preferably eat ice cream, yogurt, cold food or suck on popsicle ice cream with crushed ice or keep a block of ice in your mouth twice a day for the first two weeks after the piercing. Cold things have been observed to help reduce pain and reduce swelling after snakebite piercings.
13. Do not remove or attempt to replace jewelry under any circumstances, unless recommended by the piercer, as drilled holes close very quickly and it becomes extremely painful to re-insert jewelry in case of such situations. .